Taft Center Year 2013 Recap
December 2013 – The year 2013 brought many exciting events and activities to Chautauqua Adult Day Care’s Taft Center location in Jamestown. Melinda Rojas, Program Coordinator, recently shared a number of different initiatives. Some highlights from the year include:
- Support our Senior Citizen’s event at Ruby Tuesdays raised money to assist community members interested in utilizing Chautauqua Adult Day Care’s services.
- 1950’s Themed Valentine’s Day dance. Married couple who have been married for 62 years were crowned King and Queen
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration – Participants played St. Patty’s Bingo and everyone won a prize.
- Easter Egg Hunt – participants took part in an Easter egg hunt and dyed eggs.
- Mother’s Day Spa Event – all ladies in the program were taken to the Boces Center in Ashville to receive facials, haircuts, and styled nails.
- Father’s Day Event – Spaghetti Dinner – opportunity to make dinner for Father’s and show them how much they are appreciated.
- Taft Center Employees and participants planted a vegetable garden. Vegetables include sweet onions, romaine lettuce, tomatoes, peas, green peppers, and cucumbers. This activity allowed participants to enjoy working together and the fruits of their labor with healthy snacks.
- Taft Center participants take time to visit various parks in the county to enjoy picnic lunches and time outdoors with one another.
- Annual Halloween Party – participants and staff dress up in their favorite Halloween costumes and partake in Halloween fun and games.
- Annual Thanksgiving Dinner – always a favorite among staff and clients. Over 100 people attended this event to celebrate Thanksgiving. For many participants, this is the only Thanksgiving dinner they will partake in.
- Santa Claus Christmas Party with live entertainment. Creates amazing memories for participants and staff. Everyone looks forward to the the new year!